Many people think that there are no rules in a street fight. But when we ignore those unwritten rules, we end up with assault rather than a consensual fight. So, today I want to dispel that "no-rules" myth and introduce the basics of some unspoken rules--a fight etiquette, if you will:
- Ask Mehgan's famous question before any fight: "You wanna fight?" (= mutual combat--consensual fight)
- Parents and grandparents off limits. Children off limits, too.
- No sneak attacks.
- No mace. No other weapons.
- No jumping--keep it one on one (1v1).
- Any fight is supposed to be F vs F or M vs M. Not F vs M.
- Wear "fight wear."
- Do not fight a pregnant woman.
- If the person is not fighting back, stop.
Any others? Let us know on our Twitter @JustFightsJFP